It’s been nearly two months since my last Face of the Day, how in the world did that happen?! To make up for lost time, I decided to test a ton of new products for today’s summer bronze look. Some are newly launched, while others are simply new to me. Featuring products in looks is my favorite way to review them, since you’re able to see how they wear and perform. So, I promise not to make you all wait another two months for my next FOTD!
- Pixi Glow Booster in Pink Pearl
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Liquid Foundation in Y245 mixed with BECCA Ever Matte Shine Proof Foundation in Cashmere
- Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Translucent
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder in Naked Medium Light
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer in Light
- Full Brow Brow Powder in Dark
- LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
- Make Up For Ever Star Lit Liquid in Golden Peach (first half of lids)
- Bobbi Brown Sunkissed Nude Eye Palette (Pink Bellini Sparkle Shadow)
- Beauty Junkees Star Field Eyeshadow on second half of lids, Raspberry Glaze in crease and lower lash line, Constellation in outer corner.
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Bold Defining Liquid Liner in Dark Valentine (01)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eyeliner in Rail (water line)
- L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara (top lashes)
- Revlon Dramatic Definition Mascara (lower lashes)
- Esqido Lashes in Radiance
- Milani Rose Blush in Romantic Rose
- Benefit Hoola Lite Bronzer
- Too Faced Sweethearts Blush in Peach Beach
- Ittse x LoveforLacquer Illuminator in Run the World
- Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Rose
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick in Sunkissed
GET THE LOOK
FACE…For my complexion, I mixed two of my favorite water based foundations. BECCA’s Ever Matte foundation can look cakey if not careful, so mixing it with the Make Up For Ever Ultra HD foundation really helps thin it out, without compromising coverage. My dark circles (and redness) were concealed with Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Concealer, then set with the Laura Mercier translucent powder.
EYES…I’m very predictable when it comes to my eyeshadow looks. I like shimmery lids, with darkened creases. It’s what works for my eye shape, and it’s super easy to create. For this particular look, I started with a shimmery base from Make Up For Ever. Next, I added a similar colored powder shadow over top, then applied a few Beauty Junkees pressed eyeshadows to my crease and outer corner.
To add a pop of drama, I created a sharp wing, then applied a dark pencil to my waterline. Before applying my Esqido falsies, I added two coats of L’Oreal mascara, as well as mascara on my lower lash line.
CHEEKS…Benefit has released a lighter shade of Hoola, YAY! This bronzer is the perfect all over shade for us paler babes. I applied it to my temples, cheekbones, and nose, then added a rosy pink blush from Milani. The finishing touch, is the beautiful Ittse highlighter from my girl Jess’ (@loveforlacquer) collab!
LIPS…The tinted Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments are my go-to this summer! First, I used the shade Rose, then topped it was a Tarte lipstick (that’s a little too light to wear on its own).
What do you think of my summer bronze look? I’d love to know what makeup you’ve been rocking lately!
This post contains affiliate links, for more information click here.