Earlier this week, I talked about the Tarte Cosmetics Clay Play Face Shaping Palette. It’s packed with everyday neutrals, that can be used on the eyes, cheeks, nose, and brows. The shade selection is perfect for creating both day and night looks, so today I did the best of both worlds, and created a daytime smokey eye. I hope you enjoy!
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation in Y245 mixed with BECCA Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Light
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer in Light (under eyes)
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Concealer in 220 Buff
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation in Medium Light
- Full Brow Brow Powder in Dark
- LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
- MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot
- Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette
- Sephora Collection Long Lasting 12-HR Wear Liquid Liner in Black
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara (top lashes)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Alkaline & Muse mixed on waterline
- Revlon Dramatic Definition Mascara (lower lashes)
- House of Lashes x Sephora Timeless Lashes
- NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer
- Tarte Terracotta Bronzer
- Tarte Celebrated Blush
- Ittse x LoveforLacquer highlighter in Run the World
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Sake
- Dose of Colors Liquid Lipstick in Stone
GET THE LOOK
FACE: For today’s look, I mixed two of my favorite foundations. I love the luminosity of BECCA, and the coverage of Make Up For Ever. Combined, they created a satin finish with natural coverage. I applied both with a dense synthetic flat top brush, then concealed my under eyes with my favorite Tarte concealer. For blemishes, I used a super pigmented concealer from Lancome, though I forgot to truly blend it on my chin blemish – shhh don’t tell 😉
EYES: To create this daytime appropriate smokey eye, I placed Sand on my lids and Journey above my crease. Next, I placed Stone in my crease, along with Smoke, and a little bit of Onyx in my outer corner. Using Sephora’s liquid liner (such good stuff!), I created a subtle wing, then lined my waterline with a mixture of two Urban Decay Liners (the new Naked Heat shades).
To complete the look, I applied a pair of House of Lashes x Sephora lashes in the style Timeless. These babies are fluffy, fluttery, and oh so pretty!
CHEEKS: If you’ve read my last few FOTD’s, then you know I’m obsessed with the NARS Laguna liquid bronzer! I applied a pea size amount to both cheeks, and blended it into my skin with a duo fiber brush. From the Clay Play palette I used terracotta on my cheeks, then applied Tarte Celebrated blush, and a litte Ittse highlighter on my cheekbones.
What do you think of this look? I’d love to know!
This post contains affiliate links, for more information click here.